- 21-Nov-2013 to 20-Mar-2014 (CST)
- San Diego
- San Diego, CA, USA
- Full Time
POSITION TITLE: SRDRS Assistant Maintenance Manager
The Submarine Rescue Diving and Recompression System (SRDRS) Assistant Maintenance Manager assists the Maintenance Manager in supervising corrective and preventive maintenance of the SRDRS, Submarine Rescue Chamber (SRC), other assigned Deep Submergence Systems, and associated rescue and intervention equipment. This person assists, as the Maintenance Manager directs, in the scheduling of maintenance periods for rescue and intervention equipment and coordinates the transportation and installation of the rescue systems. In addition, the Assistant Maintenance Manager assigns and monitors the maintenance tasks of the Lead Mechanical and Lead Electrical Technicians while managing corrective maintenance to support the readiness of all assigned systems. This person performs these functions in support of operational schedules while providing leadership in a team environment. This position is based at Undersea Rescue Command (URC), Naval Base Coronado, San Diego, CA and reports to the SRDRS Maintenance Manager. This is an "on call," deployable, 24-hour per day position.
CLASSIFICATION: Non-Exempt (hourly)
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize, schedule and plan maintenance periods/cycles for all associated equipment.
- Directly supervise mobilization of rescue assets.
- Maintain logs, records, and documentation updates.
- Obtain operational certification of SRDRS watch stations as directed; qualify and perform watch standing duties to support rescue and intervention operations.
- Coordinate maintenance with Navy counterparts and provide periodic updates to maintenance status.
- Interface with outside maintenance activities, contractors, vendors, and certification societies.
- Supervise and train technicians in maintenance requirements and operational procedures.
- Provide information to the Maintenance Manager for weekly and monthly reports, as directed.
- Support submarine search and rescue response events and mission phases 7 days per week, 24 hours per day, as required.
- Review, authorize for opening (commencement of work), and close out CWPs.
- Interface with the Quality Assurance (QA) department on CWP generation to support maintenance requirements.
- Promote and ensure compliance with Phoenix's safety programs and Phoenix quality management system (QMS), and applicable company policies, processes, and procedures.
- Conduct strategic maintenance planning.
- Three years of formal mechanical and hydraulic training or equivalent.
- Five years of field experience maintaining and repairing diesel generators, hydraulic power and control equipment, manipulators, and hydraulic tools.
- Two years of field experience working with electronic/electrical systems.
- Ability to read and troubleshoot from electrical and hydraulic schematics.
- Experience with Lockout/Tagout safety procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of writing, reviewing, and working with CWPs.
- Understanding of the use of hydraulic test sets, flow/pressure meters, and non-destructive testing.
- Knowledge of Submarine Rescue Chamber (SRC), Atmospheric Diving System (ADS) – 2000, Pressurized Rescue Module (PRM), SRDRS, Launch and Recovery System(s) (LARS), Remotely Operated Vehicles (ROV), and similar marine mechanical and electrical systems.
- Experience in offshore rigging, weight handling, and safety practices.
- Ability to qualify as QA Craftsman, Inspector, and Supervisor.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work in both a team environment and independently.
- Ability to qualify as crane and forklift operator.
- Knowledge of American Bureau of Shipping (ABS) class systems.
- Competent in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to work a minimum of 8 hours per day while at the base facility and 12 hours per day when at sea or deployed.
- Current U.S. passport holder.
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance.
- Ability to travel worldwide, on short notice, for indefinite periods of time.
- Ability to walk unassisted and carry 45 pounds.
- Ability to pass an initial drug/alcohol screen and subsequent random tests.
- Ability to pass the physical required for working offshore.
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN CLOSED! PLEASE CHOOSE ONE OF THE OPTIONS BELOW:
- Search Current Openings
Sign Up For Job Alerts!